Monday, April 5, 2010

Out of the mouth of my babe...


We had just gotten to our hotel room and my girl was ecstatic. You see, hotels are her favorite place to be. She was running around the room naked (preparing to hit the pool) and spoke these sweet words. I am constantly recording the funny, clever, and profound things that come out of her mouth, and this idea for documenting them has been floating in my brain for some time now. I'm happy it's finally broken out!
Super easy steps:
1. I laid out the phrase on my computer, printed it out.
2. I traced the words with a disappearing ink fabric pen onto fabric and embroidered the phrase.
3. I drew the shape I wanted the phrase to be framed in on paper, cut it out and traced it on the fabric.
4. I ironed on Heat 'n Bond Lite onto the back of the fabric, then cut the shape out.
5. I removed the paper from the back of the Heat n Bond and ironed the cut out onto the yellow fabric.
6. I stitched around the entire edge of the shape on my sewing machine.
7. I ironed the whole piece flat, then stretched and stapled it onto an 11x14 painter's canvas.
I like how it turned out, I'd like to keep doing them so that someday I'll have an entire collection to line a hallway or some other space. Love that girl and her funny brain.

3 comments:

  1. You could make one everyday for all the funny things she says. Where did you get that yellow fab? I love it. I noticed it when I was helping jos take off a diaper with fake pee in it. I need some...Tell me where.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget her flower fairy comment.
    Love,
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete