Okay, so, back to patterns! I hadn't truly followed a pattern yet, usually getting a little lost by the end and improvising and fixing little problems I'd created...So, I found a pattern that truly looked easy to try to stick to til the end. This one looked pretty dorky, but easy is what we were after. I followed it almost all the way - I put the zipper in a little differently than the pattern advised, and I added some ric rac and embroidery. In the end it turned out pretty cute...She loves it, so that's all that matters! PS: This blog might need to be named 52 Dress Pickup....I've become obsessed with dress making.