Tuesday, May 25, 2010

True love

My true love in the art world is painting. I can get so caught up in
it. I love the little bursts of ideas that come sporadically, it's a
weird thing but I kinda feel addicted to it. A painter's high? I'm not
even using oils....
Back to the subject. I love to paint but I'm seriously rusty. I'm
struggling through this one because I'm a figure girl and I haven't
really painted landscapes. I have had the urge to throw this painting
out the window several times, but somehow it's still on my easel. It's
not at a stage where I'd call it done by any means, but having worked
on it for a chunk of time is an accomplishment and I'm happier with
this stage than when I started tonight. Man, landscapes are tough
stuff!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Landscapes are my favorite. I hate to do people!! Landscapes are more forgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to take my pictures of those cakes so that can be your next project. Love the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. landscapes are tough. i can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your landscape looks like fields in Montana when they have rolled the hay. We have a photograph almost like the one you are painting. Can't wait to see it too.
    Love, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete