Monday, March 22, 2010

Before the stroke of midnight...


Keeping VERY true to form, this dress is hot off the press. I just finished and maybe I should give myself a pat on the back for leaving 15 minutes to spare? Anyway, I am really happy to have this blog breathing down my neck to finish things! I have realized this last week that my biggest problem is time management. I've found myself surfing the net less, and getting to the things I really want to do more. If that's all I get from this I'd be happy. But there's more! Although I didn't really follow the pattern to the end, I learned a lot from it. I sewed in a zipper! Wow. It is most definitely not perfect, but it's done. Done, done, done. And it feels good. Although a closer look reveals a lot of flaws, I was able to fight the paralyzing voice of perfectionism in my head that tells me to quit a thousand times along the way when little mistakes are made...and that's a big victory for me. I can't wait to see the look on her face when the little princess sees it in the morning...I'll post some pics of my little model in it.
PS: Since you asked, in the next day or two I'll also post the pattern/tutorial on the little muumuu. Thanks for all your encouraging words!

1 comment:

  1. She is going to freak. She might think this is her flower fairy dress. Can you make those too? Oh and maybe a few bolero's while your at it? Oh and a few felt boutonnieres. Is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete